During Rutgers University–New Brunswick’s Welcome Days (August 31st-October 20th), some events will be highlighted as part of the I Am A Scarlet Knight Challenge. New students transitioning into college benefit from getting involved, learning about resources that will help them graduate in four years, and finding their community on campus.
The I am a Scarlet Knight Challenge provides the opportunity for new students to start their college career in an engaging way. Students are invited to attend events and complete online career components during their first six weeks to ease their transition into Rutgers. Those who participate will experience the value of getting involved on campus, receive an exclusive Knights’ Call long sleeve shirt, and be entered to win various grand prizes.
This contest is exclusively open to all first-year and transfer students!
Grand Prizes Include:
- Parking Permission (2019-2020 Academic Year)
- Semester of Books (Spring 2019)
- Personal Training Start-Up Package (2 Sessions)
- Massage Certificate
- Floor Seats to the Beats on the Banks Concert
- Rutgers University Dance Marathon Registration Fee
- Mark Leadership Conference Ticket
- Men’s Basketball Game Alumni Tailgate Tickets
- $100 RU Express Gift Card
It’s easy! Just follow these simple steps:
Step #1 — Create an online GetInvolved profile to match your interests with organizations and learn about opportunities for involvement.
Step #3 — Attend and check in at one event within each of the five Knights’ Call values. Therefore, you must attend a total of five events, one for each value category.
When you check in at these events, they will have mobile check in; therefore, don’t forget to bring your mobile device.
STEP #1: Your Event Pass is a unique code that allows you to quickly check-in to events happening on campus.
- Start by signing in to your Get Involved Profile.
- Next, click on your profile picture in the top right of the screen (it may display your first initial if you do not have a profile picture).
- You will see the Event Pass option. Click this and it will display your unique code.
- Helpful Tip:
- If you’re viewing the Event Pass from your mobile browser, you should see the option to add the pass to your Apple Wallet or Android Pay (coming soon). These options make it easier to access your Event Pass at a later date.
- You can also choose to take a screenshot of your pass or print it. All of these options will still scan as expected. Once you’ve decided on how to store your Event Pass, get out there and attend an event!
STEP #2: You will need to check-in at the main check-in table at the event. Look out for our “I am a Scarlet Knight Challenge” check-in signs.