During Rutgers University–New Brunswick’s Welcome Days (August 31st-October 20th), some events will be highlighted as part of the I Am A Scarlet Knight Challenge. New students transitioning into college benefit from getting involved, learning about resources that will help them graduate in four years, and finding their community on campus.
The I am a Scarlet Knight Challenge provides the opportunity for new students to start their college career in an engaging way. Students are invited to attend events and complete online career components during their first six weeks to ease their transition into Rutgers. Those who participate will experience the value of getting involved on campus, receive an exclusive Knights’ Call long sleeve shirt, and be entered to win various grand prizes.
This contest is exclusively open to all first-year and transfer students!
Grand Prizes Include:*
- Parking Pass
- Semester of Books (Spring)
- Personal Training Start-Up Package (2 Sessions)
- Massage Certificate
- Floor Seats to the Beats on the Banks Concert
- Rutgers University Dance Marathon Registration Fee
- Mark Leadership Conference Ticket
- $100 RU Express Gift Card
*Prizes Subject to Change
It’s easy to enter to win! Just follow these simple steps below:
Step #1 — Create an online GetInvolved profile to match your interests with organizations and learn about opportunities for involvement. You should have completed this at New Student Orientation over the summer, but still have the opportunity to complete your profile anytime throughout the challenge.
Step #3 — Attend and check in at one event within each of the five Knight’s Call values. Therefore, you must attend a total of five events, one for each value category.
These events will be labeled either:
When you check in at these events, they will have mobile check in; therefore, don’t forget to bring your mobile device.
Can’t attend an event in each value?
If you click on each value above (when the calendar is available) you will see an event marked Non-Perishable Collection. If you are unable to attend an event in one of the values, you can make a donation of at least 5 items to the Rutgers Student Food Pantry that will fill the requirement for up to one value of the Scarlet Knight’s Challenge. See event listing under the value for additional details.
STEP #1: Your Event Pass is a unique code that allows you to quickly check-in to events happening on campus.
- Start by signing in to your Get Involved Profile.
- Next, click on your profile picture in the top right of the screen (it may display your first initial if you do not have a profile picture).
- You will see the Event Pass option. Click this and it will display your unique code.
- If you’re viewing the Event Pass from your mobile browser, you should see the option to add the pass to your Apple Wallet or Android Pay (coming soon). These options make it easier to access your Event Pass at a later date.
- You can also choose to take a screenshot of your pass or print it. All of these options will still scan as expected. Once you’ve decided on how to store your Event Pass, get out there and attend an event!
STEP #2: You will need to check-in at the main check-in table at the event. Look out for our “I am a Scarlet Knight Challenge” check-in signs.
Helpful Tip: Don’t have wifi at an event? Pull up your code near where it says apple wallet.