Virtual Connection Opportunities
These opportunities are OPEN TO ALL NEW STUDENTS and are led by our Knight Ambassadors. Come meet some new students and learn about resources/services that can assist you at Rutgers!!
Where's Where at Rutgers? - September 9th at 7PM
- Come learn about the 5 different campuses, the bus system, notable academic buildings and lounge areas at Rutgers
Equity & Inclusion at Rutgers - September 13th at 7:30PM
- Join to learn more about equity and inclusivity which Rutgers fosters within the community
- RU Responsible? Conquer Your Midterms! - September 21st at 8:15PM
- Midterms, exams, and assignments are now in full-swing, so check out this meeting to hear advice and our tips on how to prepare for your exams!
- Register HERE to Attend
- RU Healthy? - September 27th at 7:00PM
- Learn more about utilizing dining services, recreation centers, and more in order to maintain good health while at Rutgers!
- Register HERE to Attend
- Surviving Rutgers 101 - October 13th at 8:00PM
- An open discussion for underclassmen where they can ask questions to gain upperclassmen insight into important life skills to have at Rutgers
- Event Hosted on IG Live - @rutgersnso
What is Scarlet Connections?
Are you a first-year (freshman/ transfer) student or a sophomore student looking to learn more about Rutgers services, gain advice from current student leaders, and make connections with other Scarlet Knights? Do you have concerns as you enter your first semester on campus? Then, this is a great opportunity for you to become a part of Scarlet Connection both on campus and virtually!
Scarlet Connections is an opportunity to connect new students at Rutgers University with a Knight Ambassador, a student leader that will assist incoming students in connecting with other students and highlight services that new students need in the transition process to Rutgers.
As part of Scarlet Connections, you will be able to:
- Connect with other Scarlet Knights
- Identify resources and services on campus
- Attend events/programs during the first 8 weeks into your first semester
A Knight Ambassadors is a student leader who will provide support to first-year (freshman/ transfer) students and sophomore students in their transition to Rutgers University through the Scarlet Connections program. Knight Ambassadors will assist new students in building connections with each other and to our community while connecting new students to resources/services that will assist them with their transition.
How Do I Sign-Up?
- Application opens June 1st
- Application closes August 8th
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply?
Incoming first-year (freshman/ transfer) students and sophomore students.
- Is this an in-person, virtual, or hybrid opportunity?
Scarlet Connections will be a hybrid opportunity. There will be both in-person and virtual opportunities to connect with other students and our overall Rutgers community.
- When are applications due?
- How long is the Scarlet Connections program?
Scarlet Connections will be the first eight weeks of your fall semester and ending mid-October.
- Will I be meeting other new students?
Yes, you will be in a cohort-style group led by a Knight Ambassador who will assist you throughout your first semester. These include:
- Gaining experience, advice, knowledge and pride
- Connecting you with other students and Rutgers community
- Navigating Rutgers campus, resources, and services
- Will there be any homework/assignments?
No. Scarlet Connections is designed to help you establish connections with others on campus and learn about various resources available to you. This is for your own benefit and will get out what you put in.
- I have more questions, who can I contact?
You can email us at email@example.com with any questions and/or concerns.