Welcome New Scarlet Knights!!
To assist new students in building connections with the Rutgers community and learning about essential campus services, we created the Scarlet Knight Challenge. This challenge will assist with navigating our large campus, calm nerves that may arise through the college journey, find a place to call home on campus, make friends, and have fun while winning some amazing prizes. The Scarlet Knight Challenge is exclusively open to all first-year and transfer students!
The Scarlet Knight Challenge starts September 6th and wraps up on October 17th. To truly understand what it means to be a Scarlet Knight, each week with be centered around the Knight’s Call Values:
September 6th - Authentic
September 13th - Inclusive
September 20th - Responsible
September 27th - Resilient
October 4th - Engaged
October 11th - I am a Scarlet Knight
As a new student you will already be getting involved and utilizing campus services, so why not win some prizes while you're at it?
- Attending an event each week enters you in to win one of our Weekly Prizes (Check out @rutgersnso)
- Students who attend/check into FIVE events by October 17th will complete the challenge and receive an exclusive Knight's Call T-shirt (This prize is limited and will be on a first come, first serve basis)
- Those who complete the challenge will be entered to win various grand prizes such as Textbooks for a Semester, Parking Permission for a Year, and RU Express giftcards!!
*Prizes are subject to change based on availability
It’s easy! Just follow these simple steps and use our getInvolved Scarlet Knight Challenge Guide:
Step #1 — Access your getINVOLVED profile to learn about opportunities for involvement and match your interests with events/organizations on campus.
Step #2 — Attend and check in at five programs that are a part of the Scarlet Knight Challenge. Programs can be found on the getINVOLVED platform using the Event filter “Categories” (Search: Scarlet Knight Challenge)
Campus partners will track attendance using virtual/mobile check in
Step #3 — Track the number of Events you have attended by looking at your "Scarlet Knight Challenge 2021" Path
- Start by signing in to your getINVOLVED profile
- Next, click on your profile picture in the top right of the screen (it may display your first initial if you do not have a profile picture).
- You will see the Paths option. Click this and select the "Scarlet Knight Challenge 2021" Paths.
- This will show you the number of events you have completed and what events you attended
- You can set "Scarlet Knight Challenge 2021" as you default Path for easy access
- If the “Scarlet Knight Challenge 2021” does not show up, please email email@example.com with your NetID
Step #4 — Once your "Scarlet Knight Challenge 2021" Paths says Overall Progress 100% Complete, we will email you the last week in October with more information
How to Check-in In Person:
Your Event Pass is a unique code that allows you to quickly check-in to events.
- Start by signing in to your getINVOLVED profile
- Next, click on your profile picture in the top right of the screen (it may display your first initial if you have not uploaded your profile picture)
- You will see the Event Pass. When you click Event Pass, it will display your unique code.
- Make sure you do one of the following steps (The options below will assist you in accessing your Event Pass easier when you attend programs):
- If you’re viewing your Event Pass from your mobile browser, you should see the option to add the pass to your Apple Wallet or Android Pay
- You can also choose to take a screenshot of your pass or print it
How to Check-in Virtually:
Step #1 — Make sure you have accessed your profile on getINVOLVED. Your attendance will not be tracked at events without first accessing the getINVOLVED platform.
Step #2 — When you attend an event on virtual platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Webex make sure you are signed into your Rutgers Account. Instructions on how to access your Rutgers Account on these virtual platforms can be found below:
Step #3 — Organizers of the event will track attendance in one of two ways (This will be stated in the Event Description):
- Through a link sent out in the Chat Box when you are in the Zoom/Webex/Microsoft Teams Event (This is why it is crucial that you follow Step #1)
- Through the attendance roster after the event is over (This is why it is crucial that you follow Step #2)
- Make sure to arrive on time, so that your attendance will be counted
- If you have any questions about checking in for an event, make sure you ask the event organizers during the event
- If you check your “Scarlet Knight Challenge 2021” Path and you do not see your attendance was tracked, contact the event organizer (Please allow for at least 48 hours before contacting event organizers, as it can take time for your attendance to update on the getInvolved platform)